Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Words to Remember

"Try to love yourself as much as you want someone else to." I know for me, this is often a very hard thing to do. These days, we are constantly comparing ourselves to other people. Tearing ourselves down, wishing we weren't how we are. Wishing we weren't how God made us. Yup. Have you ever realized that? When you think badly of yourself, when you think "Dang I'm no where near as talented has her" or "He does is so much more successful than I will ever be", or the very common "They are so beautiful, I wish I looked more like them." You are saying that God didn't make you good enough. God didn't do a good enough job on you. Well he did. We just simply have a hard time accepting ourselves for who we really are. That's why this quote means so much to me. I, myself, have struggled with accepting who I am as a student, as a friend, as a person. I used to always compare myself to other people. I would even try to change myself to be more like them. I thought terrible things about myself. So terrible that I basically killed my own self esteem and confidence, just by comparing myself to others. Recently, I have been improving on this issue in my life. I have summed it up to age. I am now older and understand life a little better than I have in my past years. I don't care what other people think of me as much as before. I have accepted myself for who I am, and by doing that, I have found much more happiness in my days. Once in a while I do still compare myself, it is hard not to sometimes. But overall, I love myself far more than I ever have. What helps me with this is knowing that God himself made me. I was thought of by him, created by him, and he makes no mistakes. I'm perfect to him. He see's me for who I really am and he loves me for me. It's time we all start loving ourselves that much. You are the only one like you. Embrace that and share yourself with the world. Be yourself. Love yourself. Let someone love you for being you.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet and thoughtful this post is Alex! Does my heart good to see you are realizing all this. God is Great and so are you! Hugz

    ReplyDelete