Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hutch Love

When we first moved into our home, there were not many decorations going on. It had nice furniture, but still lacked the life that I was craving in my first home. My sister and I set out a budget of what I would spend to decorate my new home. There is one wall in our den that had an old mobile computer desk (from office depot.. not even one with any kind of antique character.) It also had a side table that houses our router which is important for me. Oh! Have I mentioned that one gets ZERO cell phone reception at my house? Yeah.. AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, doesn't matter! No service. So I depend on my WiFi quite a bit! - I am not complaining, no cell phone service is surprisingly peaceful to me. Anywho, this wall! It needed a table, long dresser, something to satisfy me. & for, as my dad would say, El Cheapo. So my sister and I went out on a quest to find the perfect piece. We visited 3 flea malls. Memories, J&Gs, and Amy's. Memories had nothing, then J&G had a BEAUTIFUL sideboard, but it was $80 over my budget. Amy's Antique and Flea Mall was where we found the winner!! We found an old hutch, that needed no work except for newer knobs. For only $100 ($30 over my budget, but I justified it because I loved it that much) we carried that gorgeous piece of furniture out of the flea mall very satisfied. Here it is!!


Take a look at the hutch in my living room! I feel that the fact the hutch is white really brightens up the room. The floors are brown, walls are brown, and the ceilings are even a light tan color. So the color is perfect to me!


I knew I wanted some cute shelf decorations. Half of this came from my moms house lol. She gave me the tied books, jar of sewing paraphernalia, and wooden bird. I added the succulent, which I am obsessed with now. The "Private Parking Only" was $8 at a local flea market. It feels good to be done with this room!!







The pre-hutch living room














1 comment:

  1. Post hutch is much better! Great investment and find! Love your accessories too! Fun, fun, fun. hugz

    ReplyDelete