Saturday, June 27, 2015

Decorating my entertainment center

In our little two bedroom, one bath home we are a tad limited on space. Being broke newlyweds, still in college, with a baby boy on the way, it is safe to say we are also a tad (a lot) limited on our home improvement budget. But you've got to make a house a home somehow right? I mean, we do plan on living here until A) we pop out another baby or B) Jud gets a job that requires us to hop towns. Fingers crossed for plan A!! Our entertainment center was really lacking the love for weeks and weeks. I knew I needed to spice it up, and for cheap, but my brain was completely dry idea wise. I originally made a chalk board (the gigantic green one in the picture below) which I was going to get vinyl personalized sticker that read "The Morgans Est. 2015" to stick on it. Once I hung the chalk board above the T.V, Jud and I took it right back down and placed it in the corner of the room lol (it was a no-go.) I had went to Pickers recently (about two months ago actually) and found a set of two beautiful shutter doors for $20. The coolest part about these shutters were the fact that they were 70% off. I proudly walked out of that big brown building with those shutter doors that I had traded a grand total of $6 for. What a steal, I thought. So I take them to my in-laws shop, where I could paint them while my DH was worked on his antique car. Wellll, he hated them and told me they would make our house look trashy and that there was noooo way he was letting me use them to decorate our house. A little piece of my heart broke off, because come on, I knew these shutters had the potential to give our entertainment center the fact lift it needed. Sarah (my lifelong friend) came over to help me paint them. The painted shutters sat in that shop for 8 weeks (the amount of time it took me to convince Jud to bring them to our home.) I purchased a reef from another one of my favorite flea markets, Memories, for $2. Inside that reef, I placed a wooden "M" that was given to us as part of a wedding present. So for a whopping total of $8 and some left over paint, I created a cute little backdrop behind our T.V, which my husband actually loves now.
Oh! & the flag is from dolla tree, y'all. I figured I'd throw in some Merica' decor, since the 4th is coming up! I still have yet to find a use for the green chalk board. I may just throw it in storage until i can accumulate enough stuff to convince myself that I need to open up a flea market booth!! (Yay, my very own booth would be a dream come true!)


In my future posts, I am going to upload before and after pictures.. I just took these before I knew that I wanted to create a blog.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool shutters - love the wreath/reef (lol) and the M. Fun ideas you have girl! Hugz

    ReplyDelete