Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Road Trip to Birmingham!

Yesterday, I had to drive an hour outside of Birmingham to show St. Claire County proof of my driving school completion. Yay, sounds like a blast, am I right??! St. Claire County is actually two hours away from my home and I am not one for car rides over about 45 minutes (especially while pregnant.) BUT, all of my old college sorority sister besties live in or around the Birmingham area, so it was the perfect excuse to meet up with them for a quick lunch before I had to head back home!


I got out of court super fast, surprisingly. We weren't doing lunch until later in the day, so I decided I would go check out some flea markets to pass the time away. My mom is re-doing an extra room in her house. She is actually making it into a bar/lounge area; Her theme is kind of a classic old timey saloon. Well, I found these super cool Jack Daniels barrels that would literally be so perfect to pull off the look she is going for! Oh my gosh, check these babies out! I lighter one is my favorite!


I was thinking she could use them as side tables (that could double as a storage container), flip it over and make a DIY coffee table, orrrrr this super cool bar I found on Pinterest!! Whattt, this is literally the coolest idea ever!!

They also had this barrel topper that just hangs on the wall, which was pretty cool too, especially if you're limited on space.



The barrels were at a very reasonable price (somewhere around $150, I didn't write down the exact asking price.) But for bargain shoppers like us, we will probably keep looking for decor that is more affordable. There is always something out there that is priced how you want it, you just may be waiting to find it for a few months. Or who knows, we may go see if we can haggle with these booth owners- a lot of the time they are willing to cut the price some!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip and I really want to go see those barrels and haggle. Another fun post my blog buddy! Hugz

    ReplyDelete