Sunday, August 9, 2015

8/8/15 Junkin' Haul Adventure


 My New Junkin' & Antiquing Hotspot: Pioneer Village



Yesterday I drove down to Dothan, AL to sell items at an Indian artifact show with my dad. I, of course, drove myself because I knew I wanted to shop at one of my old favorite shops in downtown Troy. This shop used to have very reasonably priced up cycled furniture and repurposed items. Now, unfortunately, they have bumped there prices up sky high.. and I don't think I will be back for a visit any time soon being the bargain shopper that I am.

So I'm cruising down HW 231 on my way home from the shop I once used to love when I see a cluster of old log cabins and a big iron sign that read "Pioneer Village."I've seen this place many times on my way back from Troy, I have never stopped by because I thought it was some type of educational spot for children's field trips. I assumed. & I was wrong!



This place was so much more! There were several log cabins rooted on a big chunk of land. Several for rent, several closed for the day, and several open and ready for business! The deal is vendors come and go as the please and you just have to hope you will catch them at their shop! Some are there all day, every day, and some just Friday through Sunday! These were the open shops I got the chance to visit : Jam's Antique & Junk (pictured above), a native american shop, a spinning and weaving shop (also hosts lessons), a convenience store shop, a dinner, and last but not least an antique and dress shop. My two personal favorites being Jam's and Mrs. Judy's antique and dress shop.



Y'all! The prices at these shops were SO affordable. The items were old, they were dusty, but they had so much life and character!! I literally would have willingly spent my whole day there!!

Check out what I hauled off in my Hyundai (next time it will be Jud's truck so I can get some bigger buys)


Not pictured: a white antique egg plate outlined in gold. It reminded me of my sweet grandma and all of the holidays we spend at her house eating her yummy home cooked meals! So I of course gave it to her!!


Bottles, frames, shelves, furniture that is actually old, items with real dust, items that need to be cleaned badly are SO much cooler than reproductions. They have more stories to tell, more character, and are just all around better. I promise. I fell so in love with these little jars I got from Mrs. Judy's shop. She was so sweet to me, I could've sat and talked to her for hours. I love meeting people that have common interests with me. I got the jar of old buttons from the convenience store cabin- my mom makes handmade cards and loves to get her hands on anything that will make them more unique or that will give them a cool spunky look! & how stink in cute is that "Grade A" cow sign?? Oh my gosh, it's the perfect kitchen ornament!!!


Everyone who knows me knows that I love coffee cups so I of course had to have these.


Had to have these too.. Don't know why or what I'm going to do with them but they are mine now and that's all that matters. (lol)


This hanger.. The arrows on the ends.. $1.. I'll take that, please ma'am.

I'm going to repurpose the gun rack.. either put some chicken wire behind it, or put peg board behind it and make it into a garden hanger. Not sure if I will actually get to do that though.. Jud says he needs it for his own guns. We shall see who wins this battle.

If you're anywhere near the Troy area it will be well worth your time to stop by these shops and check out what these kind vendors have to offer you. But if what you find is really cute, then leave it for me.. I'll be back!!

2 comments:

  1. Another fun and entertaining post Mrs. Morgan. I want to go when you go back! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm incredibly obsessed with your blog! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete