Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thrifty Wooden Chair Makeover




Today, I woke up and wasn't feeling my best. Being in my third trimester of pregnancy, I am starting to meet these types of days more often. I told myself I would lay in bed and be lazy for as long as possible. Well, I ended up on Pinterest (shocker) and decided I would go thrift shopping... that always puts me in a good mood (;

I have been trying to build up the courage to redo my kitchen table and chairs, but right now I am still way too scared that I will mess up the whole set and won't be able to forgive myself. Well, while thrift shopping, I found the cutest little wooden chair, with the cutest little arms and legs that I just HAD to have. I figured this would be the perfect piece to redo to see if I could really handle the dreaded job of redoing my kitchen table set.


I have never actually painted a chair so this was a brand new adventure for me. Who knew how many nooks and corners these suckers actually have. You don't think about it until you actually get down and dirty with one.. But isn't it cute??

On this project, I thought I would be brave and explore new brands of paint. (after buying the Americana Decor brand and being extremely disappointed with it, I was very hesitant about trying a new kind) I ended up buying Martha Stuarts "Vintage Decor Paint" in the color Wedding Cake… Yummy :p


After about two coats of paint, I was pleased with this paint job. I then broke out my handy dandy sand paper and got to rubbing the corners of the chair to give it a more "rustic" look. 


I think I want to keep the chair, find 5 more wooden chairs in different styles, and have a mix match dining set. If not, it's going in my booth!

I always find myself redoing coffee tables or benches, so this being my first chair, I was pretty proud. Super stoked I ended up getting out of bed and finding this piece and looking forward to expanding my experience in the furniture makeover world! Next stop: Reupholstering.

2 comments:

  1. Another darling redo. I can't wait to see it in person! Wonderfully done chair - so glad you went shopping instead of laying around. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great. I hope you find other chairs to make up your set.

    ReplyDelete