Saturday, August 15, 2015

Did You Say Yard Sale?




When ya hear the word "Yard Sale" ya might think of old clothes, overused children's toys, and Christmas decorations that have been sitting in some random person's attic for ten plus years. Hey, no judgement… That's what came to my mind as well! For some reason, today Mom and I decided we would take a dip into the yard sale world to see what it was all about. & let me testify that yard sales are so much cooler than that dusty old box of christmas ornaments you are imagining in your head. They are CHEAP, they are OLD, they MIGHT be dusty and dirty, but they are the perfect place to find the perfect treasures. Don't get me wrong, you'll sort through some pre-loved junk that will probably never be re-loved, but you'll also find some gold. Cheap gold.

(Yard sale-ing tip # uno: Most yard sales do not look like the picture above. We got a little dirty digging through this one. But the finds from this spot were worth the dirt. Don't be discouraged by a messy setup.)

We weren't necessarily looking for any particular items, just good deals on items that interested us. This is what we hauled off in the trunk.



From the tables to the bowling pins, we were quite proud of our finds. It was awesome coming home with a full trunk as well as a full wallet.


(YS tip # dos: If you don't like a price- haggle. They want you to actually. I didn't get turned down on any offer I made.)

These metal crates though. I originally bought them thinking I could resale them in my future booth at Pickers (I am now on their waiting list) But I really think I am going to be selfish and keep them all to myself.



(YS tip # tres: Bring a vehicle with a lot of space.. maybe even a strong boy as well. You might end up falling in love with a piece then realize there is no space for it in your vehicle. You could also find yourself pregnant and unable to lift heavy objects, which stinks because the older lady you bought them from really can't help ya haul it off either.)


My mom purchased the oil cans. On a scale from 1 to really freakin cute.. they are really freakin cute!!


Old bottles are also a must if they are the right price and who doesn't love a $2 minnow basket? 

So after our yard sale-ing adventure, I am definitely hooked and looking forward to 6:30 next Saturday morning! Will I be seeing you at one of the sales?






1 comment:

  1. You will be seeing me - I think we should move it to 6:00... Cute post, I love your new Blog Name. Hugz

    ReplyDelete