Friday, August 7, 2015

New living room decor!!!!

Fun fact: Blank spaces really bore me! I mean, there are worse things in the world, but there is just something about a lifeless, dull, empty area that just makes me want to give it some life. Well, I have been staring at one of those places in my house lately and finally built up enough artsy juices (and cash) to decorate it! Check out what I was working with.


Ignore the tilapia. But do you see that space to the right side of my television? With the picture frame and circular mirror? Yes! That spot right there! 

Check it out now!

I got in trouble for bringing every one of these pieces home!! Jud says it is all junk and a waste of money. I don't see it as a waste of money because I kind of consider it my hobby. I LOVE spending days searching for cheap treasures and finding a way to put them all together to create something that makes me feel good when I look at it. It kinda relaxes me! I found all of these things over about a 2 month period.

Where did I get these items?

Vintage Wire Buggy- Memories Flea Mall $10
Old Coke Crate- Prattville Pickers $5 (These things are usually pretty pricey, but the back side is broken so that's why it was so cheap!)
"Create" Pillow- Michaels $5 on clearence 
Window- See former post
Rustic "M"- Michaels -$2
Mirror- Wetumpka antique & flea mall -$4
Bench- Thrift store- $7
Paddle- Gift (We used this instead of a guest book at our wedding)

I ended up liking the bench more than I thought I would. Moss green is one of my new favorites and I already had some paint left from when I painted Patton's dresser, So I decided to use the rest of it!

Here is the bench pre-paint job


I thought it was a cute find for $7.

Jud ended up changing his mind about my "Junk" and decided that I should go to school for interior design lol. I don't think I am creative enough for all that.. but finding old unloved items and using them to decorate my house will always be a hobby of mine! This is for sure my new favorite space in our home! I hope this inspires someone to create something that they think is beautiful!!






1 comment:

  1. Love these things! Especially love the wire thingee and your new bench. I vote for going into interior design but you need to have end game - let's talk some more about that! Hugz

    ReplyDelete