Monday, August 24, 2015

Old Folding Chair Repurpose


Fall is coming and everyone is getting ready to take down their summer porch decor and replacing it with pumpkins, scarecrows, and hay! I, myself, have been searching for something cute and new to show off my fall fever other than just the regular school of carved pumpkins hanging out by my door step. 





I bought these metal folding chairs at an estate sale a few weeks ago. They were super rusty and the  cheap (and ugly) upholstery was barley hanging on.. they were rough. The man collecting the money thought I was absolutely crazy for spending any kind of money on them and even tried to talk me out of wasting my time and cash on these chairs! But hey, I love this type of junk so his words were getting him no where lol!

Take a quick look at them before!


This top chair was actually probably in the best condition of the four.

I was going to reupholster them until I found a better idea! Ripping off the fabric and using my handy dandy chalkboard spray paint on the seat!! How cute!!

I also had to take a wire brush to the rust on these babies. I love a little rust, it gives character! But some of these chairs had some very chippy rust that needed to be groomed a little.



Throw some of your old pumpkins by it, write a cute phrase on the chair, & bam! You're done with decorating this season! How cute, cheap, and easy! This literally took me NO time at all. 

What do you think about repurposing your old, unloved folding chairs and what ideas do you have for decorating your home this Fall?






2 comments:

  1. Fresh idea sweet girl. Don't know how you come up with these ideas. I have to say, I saw some possibilities in these chairs but I was still worried about them. You came through again. TFS!!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Creative!!! Jealous of your creative eye and great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete