Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sewing Machine Makeover



Recently, I've been browsing around for a new bed side table. One on the cheap cheap that was old and redone or one that had potential so I could paint it myself. I visited a few local thrift stores and flea malls and found many possible candidates that would satisfy me, yet decided I would keep looking until I found THE one. Well, today I found the perfect beside table. THE one that I wanted to take home and make mine all mine. But it's not actually a bedside table... It's a sewing machine lol.

This is what it looked like when I first laid my eyes on it



Not bad looking… but nothing to look twice at, that's for sure!

So for $20, (which I strongly debated paying for a solid 20 minutes.. ask my friend Rachel) it was mine. Together, we drove down to Hobby Lobby to find some cosmetic pieces that would dress it up a little!

By cosmetic pieces I of course mean moss green chalk paint (my go-to color) and some new knobs.


When I got to HL, I was a little stuck on these other two colors. But green is just the best color that can't be out done by any other. (This was actually the first time I've bought this brand of chalk paint. I recommend the Wal-Mart brand over this streaky crud. Seriously, It took coat upon coat upon coat. Get the Wal-Mart chalk paint.) 

So we came home, got all prepped up for a new paint job (by prep I mean wiped down), then got to painting. Once I finished painting, I realized I had no decor for the top of it or to hang above it so I just threw some random stuff on it for a cuter pic!


Those arrow pulls though!!!



Let me just take a moment to really appreciate this find. It doubles as a bedside table/ desk for me. I am pretty limited on space in our appartment which is why this chair is also extra amazing… It folds and can be stored to the side of my table when I am not using it to blog, pin, or chat.  


It really is a shame that I can't sew because that would give this table a third use for me!









2 comments:

  1. My favorite redo that you have done so far (the dresser in your nursery is #2). Great idea girl! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I have to agree with your mom this was a fabulous idea to remake the old sewing machine table. It looks wonderful. I have my mom's out in my husbands barn. My dad made me promise to keep it so I have. It is a yucky blonde color and now I think you have inspired me to do something useful with it. I don't think our Wal Mart has chalk paint, but I will look. I love your blog and seeing the things you are hauling home. Thanks, for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete